Arbitration and Mediation
Attorneys and Insurers: Are Your Personal Injury Claims Stalled?
Here in Erie County and Western New York, more and more personal injury claims are being resolved through mediation or binding arbitration, also known as Alternative Dispute Resolution or “ADR.”
Advantages include …
- Less Expensive: Doctors and other expert witnesses charge thousands of dollars to appear in court and give testimony, and sometimes the fees are non-refundable.
- Less Time Consuming: Instead of taking days or weeks to pick a jury and try your case, arbitrations and mediations can take as little as a few hours.
- Flexible Scheduling: No need to worry about strict court deadlines.
- Flexible Location: Does not have to take place in a courtroom. Can be held at one of the lawyer’s offices, at the office of the arbitrator or mediator, or any other agreed-upon location.
- Informal Setting: Not as formal as a trial in front of a judge and jury.